There are similarities between Corbyn and Major
- They have previously had an affair with a parliamentary colleague,
- Neither of them went to University,
- Their first front bench teams were noted for a lack of women,
- They were not gifted public speakers,
- They believed an open dialogue with Sinn Fein was necessary in order to secure the Northern Ireland peace process.
Under John Major the Conservative Party won more votes in 1992, than any other party in history. Clearly you can’t judge a book by its cover!