One of the greatest myths of the internet, is that facebook is free. Here are a few simple facts:
- Facebook usage has cost people their jobs
- Owning a facebook account can increase your insurance premiums.
- Facebook sells your data – which results in targeted adverts (and presumably more impulse buying).
But hey – it’s free and will always be free right?
From today’s Daily Mail:
“A leaked government document revealed the Government’s plans to ban the legal high, dihydrogen monoxide. The document states, that dihydrogen monoxide is responsible for countless deaths a year but despite this:
- The children of single mothers admit to being regular users of dihydrogen monoxide,
- Labour built council flats often have supplies of it on EVERY floor,
- A high concentration of people on disability benefit claim to be dependent on it,
- Immigrants use it to travel into the country,
- BBC journalists have been caught taking it LIVE ON AIR.
This is an affront to the hardworking families of Britain. Despite this, a government spokesman insisted: “We have no plans to ban dihydrogen monoxide, more commonly known by it’s street name of ‘water’.”
Join the Daily Mail’s Campaign today!”
The moral of the story – don’t believe everything you read…
Update: In his last parliamentary session as a Labour Peer (2014/2015) he never voted in the House of Lords.
The DWP have spent £8.5 million advertising company pensions. I thought I’d help them out: